Who We Are and What We Do
Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (CAEDC) is the county’s economic development and destination marketing organization charged with promoting and advancing economic opportunities by leveraging our organizational and community assets, strategic location, workforce, and natural resources while providing a strong economic base.
Key Strategies Include:
- Access to financing to attract, retain, and expand businesses
- Tourism product development to grow visitation
- Advocate and leverage private and public investment to support projects
- Redevelop under-productive sites
- Workforce development through connecting employers and educators
- Military retention of our three installations
- Destination marketing, sales, and public relations
- Stakeholder engagement and investment in the county’s economy
To learn more about our workforce development initiatives and projects undertaken by our Real Estate Collaborative, click on the buttons below.
At the end of 2019, CAEDC engaged an outside firm to help us embark on a robust strategic planning process that will develop an Envisioned Future for the county along with a strategic blueprint that will help us achieve our goals. Initial steps included one-on-one interviews with CAEDC board members and Alliance Founder members, followed by focus groups with each of our six industry clusters: tourism, agribusiness, transportation and warehousing, health care and social assistance, manufacturing, and professional industries.
The strategic planning process will continue in 2020 and CAEDC looks forward to sharing the results with you.
Board and Staff
The corporation is led by a Chief Executive Officer reporting to a Board of Directors. Members of the Board of Directors are appointed by the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners. There are 13 full-time staff members.